Followers

Sunday, June 29, 2008

New quilt top for Fall-Harvest Thyme altered


This is a small quilt or table topper or wall hanging, etc. I like to make these and lay them across my kitchen table.
I used a pattern called Harvest Thyme for the pumpkins etc and then made the background and borders different from the instructions. I can't seem to follow a pattern without embellishing it?
I am happy with the way it turned out and will quilt it myself on my Baby Lock with a light orangey very small checked Provence faabric on the back. Then I have a Moda bias tape called Butterscotch which also is a very small check I will bind it with.

I used Eleanor Burn's technique to make the appliques and it is awesome. I learned it directly from her at Houston at the Quilt Market last year. I sewed with her at her sewing machine and really enjoyed it. She is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment