Followers

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Fabric Store

I forgot to mention that after I had made so many quilts and had no place to store them or the fabrics and was running out of money to buy more... I decided to clean out my closet and sell stuff on ebay. I had such a great time doing it and made more money than I thought I could for used purses and shoes etc., that I decided to sell fabric. I contacted the Moda people and met this wonderful man named Mark and he invited me to their fabric show last summer. I obtained a tax number and started my business. I bought several bolts of fabric and notions, etc, and started selling on ebay again. In October of 06 we went to Houston to the International Quilt Market and bought more and more. Being with others retail sellers and quilters and seeing all the products and vendors was fabulous. I came home with a huge stack of catalogs and order blanks and a trunk full of fabrics. It was an awesome experience. Besides that, I attended seminars and talks and sewing classes. What an education for me.
At some point, last year, I started making tote bags and purses and less quilts.
As you might guess, I had a large stash of purses and totes and George, my husband, said," Honaey, why don't you sell your purses on ebay?" So, I did and have continued to. Now I have a store on ebay and lots of fabrics, purse patterns and notions.
http://stores.ebay.com/Fabric-for-quilts-and-more

No comments:

Post a Comment